Search Engine Optimization, often referred to as SEO, is the process of optimizing a website to obtain a higher ranking position in search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo through a variety of tactics.
This is important because numerous studies have shown that the vast majority of users only click on the top 3 organic results after performing a search. If you’re not in the top 3 then your chances of getting clicks to your site are incredibly reduced.
Search engines today are smart and look at several factors, or what we might call signals, to determine where a website should be ranked.
Achieving a high ranking requires more than just an optimized website, it requires your business to be present, active, and helpful in several other locations both online and offline. These locations have both a direct and an indirect impact on your rankings. Taking advantage of any and every good opportunity to gain exposure for your business and running it with excellent customer service goes a long way to make your SEO efforts successful.
There are no fast tracks or tricks to obtaining a successful ranking in today’s search engine landscape. Working a plan with consistent focus and solid teamwork will set you on a positive upwards trajectory in your rankings. Visit our search engine optimization service page to learn more about how we can work together to achieve higher rankings.
Working a plan with consistent focus and solid teamwork will set you on a positive upwards trajectory in your rankings.
- during a website redesign make sure to transfer over your meta titles and meta description tags to the new site
- setup 301 redirects where applicable when going through a redesign
- if you change domains then let Google know about it through their change of address tool, or at least ask your webmaster to assist with this
- don’t stuff your website with keywords or phrases too much or you will get penalized by Google
- make sure your website utilizes responsive web design techniques
- run your website over “https” instead of “http” protocol
- run speed tests of your website and ensure a fast page load time